We usually talk about men who have a drive and have excelled in their fields, today we talk about a few men who too have had immense drive, only their drive, was notorious. These cold blooded serial breath takers have sent ripples in the town they terrorized, giving sleepless nights to their locals and taking lives with pleasure. These are the elite when it comes to serial killers with each of them taking 30 plus lives in their notorious career, some even going past a 100. All these anti-social elements have claimed to have enjoyed what they do and that they performed such atrocious acts out of pleasure, giving psychologists nightmares as to what extent people would go to satisfy their fetish and crave. These are the 20 worst serial killers in history, some still alive, some dead and some unidentified till date.
1. Luis Garavito-This Columbian was a Child-murderer, torture-killer, and rapist known as “The Beast” in the 90’s. Even though he is suspected of having killed well over 400 people he has confessed to the killings 140 children most of whom were street urchins.
2. Pedro lopez-Also a Columbian he was a child-murderer and rapist, known as “The Monster of the Andes”, he targeted young girls, between the ages of 8 and 12. Arrested in 1980 and convicted in 1983 of killing 110 young girls but confessed to killing 300, he was one of the most famous serial killers of the century, he was released 15 years later. There is no trace of his whereabouts
3. Daniel Carmago- Columbian child-murderer, believed to have possibly raped and killed over 150 victims, primarily young virgin girls. Confessed to killing 72 victims, abuse by his step mother in his younger days was his motivation to kill, he was known for his intelligence. He strangled young girls in Colombia and was arrested, but he escaped from prison and he started killing in Ecuador, rearrested in 1989, he was killed in jail.
4. Pedro Rodrigues Filho- This Brazilian was convicted and sentenced to 128 years, but the rule in the country states that maximum one can serve in Brazil is 30 years. He has claimed to have killed over 100 victims, 47 of them inmates. Starting his criminal ways at a young age of 14 he is also known to have killed his dad and eaten a part of his heart.
5. Kampatimar Shankariya-Indian who was sentenced to death for the hammer murders of at least 70 people. He was sentenced to death on May 16, 1979.
6. Yang Xinhai – This Chinese man who is known as the “Monster Killer” would enter victims’ homes at night and kill everyone with axes, meat cleavers, hammers, and shovels. Sentenced to death in February 2004.
7. Abul Djabar ¬– Hailing From Afghanistan, he killed 65 men and boys by strangling them with turbans while raping them. Suspected of over 300 murders. Sentenced to death and hanged on October 21, 1970
8. Andrei Chikatilo- Known as Butcher of Rostov, the Rostov Ripper murdered 53 women and children between 1978 and 1990. Executed in 1994. One innocent man was also previously convicted and executed for his first murder
9. Anatoly Onoprienko- Known as “The Terminator” was convicted of the murders of 9 people in 1989 and 43 people in 1995–1996. Sentenced to death, later commuted to life and traveled through Europe illegally from 1990 to 1995
10. Gary Ridgway- Truck painter who confessed to killing 71 women, also known as The Green River Killer exclusively targeted sex workers from Seattle. Suspected of killing over 90 victims, confessed to 71, convicted of 49.
11. Alexander Pichushkin- Known as the Chessboard Killer. He was convicted of murdering 48 victims and suspected of killing 60. Claimed to have murdered 62 people, because he didn’t know that two of his victims had survived, he also stated that his goal was to become Russia’s most prolific serial killer.
12. Wang Qiang-This Chinese man killed 45 and raped ten for eight years between 1995 to 2003.
13. Ahmad Suradji-This Indonesian was convicted of strangling at least 42 women and girls in a series of ritual slayings he believed would give him magical powers. He fell to a firing squad on 11 July 2008.
14. Moses Sithole- Preyed on unemployed women, posing as a businessman and luring his victims with the prospects of a job, before leading them to an isolated place, where he raped, tortured, and murdered them. Sentenced to massive 2410 years imprisonment with a non-parole period of 930 years.
15. Serhiy Tkach- A former Ukrainian police criminal investigator, a necrophiliac, he suffocated girls aged between 8 and 18 and performed sexual acts on their bodies after they were dead. Claims to have killed 100.
16. Gennady Mikhasevich- Strangled women. Besides killing, he robbed his victims of money and valuable items that he would present to his wife
17. Hadj Mohammed Mesfewi- Known for the murders of at least 36 women, executed in 1906.
18. Ted Bundy- American serial killer known for his charisma and good looks, Bundy officially confessed to 30 homicides, but has confessed to killing 35 to 36 women in the past, and some estimates run upwards of 100 or more. He escaped from prison twice and murdered multiple victims in one day; sometimes abducting women from the same location within hours of one another. He was executed in the electric chair in 1989
19. John Wayne Gacy- Known to have murdered 33 teenage boys and young men between 1972 and 1978, 26 of whom he buried in the crawl space of his Chicago home. Gacy was known as the “Killer Clown” due to the fact he often entertained children at social events dressed in a clown costume. Gacy was executed in 1994.
20. Ali Asghar Borujerdi- Known as “Asghar the Murderer”. Killed 33 young adults in Iraq and Iran. Sentenced to death on June 26, 1934.
21. Vasili Komaroff- Known as “The Wolf of Moscow”, he was a horse trader who killed 33 men. Executed on June 18, 1923.
22. Ramadan Abdel Rehim Mansour- Gang leader known as al-Tourbini. This paedophile raped and tortured homeless children, mostly boys aged 10 to 14 years old, aboard the trains between Cairo, Alexandria, Qalyoubeya and Beni Sueif. The victims were usually thrown off the moving train when they were dead or in agony, other times they were thrown into the Nile or buried alive.
23. Karl Denke- This German was a cannibal mainly targeting travelers, striking them with an axe. He slaughtered between 1914 and 1918 and sold human flesh as pork in the market. He committed suicide 2 days before he was arrested.
24. David Thabo Simelane- Convicted of 28 murders, 45 bodies were found in shallow graves in the woods outside of Manzini. Sentenced to death on April 1, 2011.
25. Jack the Ripper is the best-known name given to an unidentified serial killer who was active in and around the Whitechapel district of London in 1888. Attacks ascribed to the Ripper typically involved female prostitutes who lived and worked in the slums of London and whose throats were cut prior to abdominal mutilations. The removal of internal organs from at least three of the victims led to proposals that their killer possessed anatomical or surgical knowledge. His acts inspired multiple works as fiction from books to movies. Here is one of the victims in which ripper performed his atrocious acts.