Whether the world is a beautiful place or not is really subjective. One thing which most people definitely can’t deny is that the presence of laws has made the world a far better place. It has helped abolish a lot of age old inhuman practices, and has prevented heinous crimes to a great extent. However, here are few laws that are really absurd and might make you laugh your hearts out. You might wonder what in the world made the concerned authorities to impose such funny restrictions on the poor citizens.
1. Making funny faces at a Dog can get you arrested in Oklahoma.
2. It is against the law for a nude person to make furniture in Devon, Texas.
3. Sexual activity is prohibited at the front yard of a home after sunset in Bozeman, Montana.
4. On Sundays, it is legal to beat your wife on the court house steps, in South Carolina.
5. The law prohibits a man from firing his gun whilst the woman is having an orgasm during sexual intercourse, In Connersville, Wisconsin, USA.
6. Peeing in the ocean is a crime in Portugal.
7. It is against the law to utilize used underwear to wipe off cars in a car wash in San Francisco, California.
8. It is unlawful to have sex with a virgin under any circumstances. (Including the wedding night) In the state of Washington.
9. Farting in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays is not allowed in Florida.
10. Dying in the Houses of Parliament is considered illegal in England.
11. In Texas, it’s illegal to threaten somebody with an UNLOADED gun.
12. Giving a lighted cigar to a pet is illegal in Illinois.
13. A woman getting married for the second time is not supposed to wear a white wedding gown in Arkansas.
14. In Oxford, Ohio, a woman undressing in front of a picture of a man is breaking the law.
15. Death by decapitation is the harsh penalty for masturbation in Indonesia.
16. Drunk drivers can be executed by firing squad in San Salvador,.
17. Chewing gum is illegal in Singapore.
18. A tooth paste and a tooth brush being sold to the same customer on a Sunday, is considered illegal in Providence, Rhode Island.
19. Molesting an automobile is against the law in Oklahoma.
20. Men with mustaches are not allowed to kiss women in Eureka, Nevada.
21. Shooting down a buffalo from the second story of a hotel, is against the law in Texas.
22. Bathing two babies in the same tub at the same time is illegal in Los Angeles.
23. Carrying a concealed weapon which is more than six-feet long is a crime in Kentucky.
24. The state law prohibits anyone from getting a fish drunk in Ohio.
25. If 24 states in the USA agree that your husband is impotent, it betters the chances for a divorce. (Go Viagra!)
26. Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.
27. Unmarried women are not allowed to buy edible panties in South Carolina.
28. An ‘obese’ person is not allowed to wear polyester in Italy.
29. Pretending to be a child of wealthy parents is a crime is illegal in Washington.
30. Men and women in Tombstone, USA, who are above 18 years of age are not allowed to have more than one missing tooth while smiling.
31. Cutting down a cactus can land you in jail for 25 years in Arizona.
32. A pig cannot be named ‘Napolean’ in France.
33. In Lebanon, a man having sexual intercourse with a female animal is pardoned, whereas the same act with a male animal can lead to a death sentence.
34. Walking around with an ice cream cone in the pocket on Sundays is considered illegal in New York.
35. Russia, very recently prohibited its people from telling kids that gay people exist.
36. Gorillas are not allowed to sit in the backseat of any car in Massachusetts.
37. Unmarried women who parachute on Sundays in Florida, can be jailed.
38. Firemen are not allowed to rescue women in their nightdresses in St Louis, Missouri, USA.
39. The Taliban group of Afghanistan has prevented its women from wearing socks to avoid ‘unwanted’ male attention.
40. It’s forbidden to hang male and female underwear together on the same washing line at Minnesota, USA.
41. In Finland, Donald Duck comics were banned because the comic character never wore pants.
42. It’s against the law to wear pink got pants after mid-day on a Sunday at Victoria, Australia.
43. The law disallows anyone from taking a lion to the cinema in Baltimore, Maryland.
44. Walking down the street by carrying a violin in a paper bag is an offense in Salt Lake county, Utah.
45. Stopping a kid from playing in puddles of water is a crime in California.
46. It is an offense for anyone to eat in a place that is on fire at Chicago.
47. Hong Kong allows its women to kill their husbands if they are found guilty of adultery. However, the execution should be carried out using bare hands.
48. It’s a crime to name an animal which you plan to eat, in Australia.
49. It is not legal to tear a telephone directory in Montana
50. It is an offense to leave your home without wearing an underwear in Thailand.