Yes, sometimes governments do make decisions that seem absolutely ludicrous and lacking in any logic whatsoever. If you have been lucky enough not to have experienced this, here are some samples of what we are talking about.
1. China in 2000 banned gaming consoles to prevent kids wasting their time on them.
2. Russia banned Emo clothing to bring in National stability and reduce suicide rates.
3. China banned reincarnation without prior consent.
4. In the 80’s Romania banned scrabble as it was termed ‘overly intellectual.’
5. Manila banned Claire Danes after she referred to the city as ghastly, weird and smelling of cockroaches.
6. Malaysia in 2011 banned yellow clothing as it was the color of the opposition activists.
7. Burundi banned jogging as their president felt that those jogging were planning subversive activities. In fact groups of joggers have been arrested since.
8. Turkmenistan President Saparmurat Niyazov banned Lip Synching in order to protect their culture. He also banned Operas and ballets as he saw them unnecessary.
9. In 2010, Iran has banned ponytails on men.
10. Australia has banned pornography with women with small assets.
11. India has banned all Alcohol advertisements as they feel it will encourage people to drink.
12. In 2008, France banned Redbull deeming the ingredients harmful.
13. North Korea has banned blue jeans as it is associated with the States.
14. UK has forbidden people to die in the House of the Parliament.
15. Philippines have banned Frank Sinatra’s “My way” as people have been shot singing it on karaoke nights.
16. South Korea has banned online video games after midnight.
17. Since 1948, Japan has banned dancing in clubs to protect public morality.
18. South Africa has banned all photos of the President’s house.
19. Samosas in Somalia as they saw it too Christian!! Ummmm… the origin of this snack is India…
20. Ketchup in France is banned as it spoils their traditional taste.
21. In Denmark babies names that are NOT on an official list, issued by the government, are banned.
22. Saudi Arabia has banned driving for women.
23. California banned kids from using dictionaries.
24. Denmark has banned Marmite as the dish is too British.
25. Iran has banned spiked hair as it is too western.